Linden Grove School’s annual Program Sampler enables parents to experience some of the specialized teaching methods, resources and therapies used at LGS.
This year, amid COVID-19, LGS will offer parents participation in virtual sessions available on two different evenings. Options include Functions of Behavior, Using Visuals and Schedules in Your Home, Anxiety & Your Child, Interoception 101 and Choosing a High School.
In addition, parents are also provided with links to videos offering overviews on some of the specialized programs utilized with their student(s). Some of the programs are listed below.
- Orton Gillingham – a teaching approach designed to help struggling readers.
- Social Learning – helping students learn how to effectively share space with others.
- Talkies – a program to increase oral language comprehension & expression.
- TouchMath – a multisensory program that makes math concepts appealing and accessible.
- Visualizing and Verbalizing – develops the ability to create imagery to improve reading and listening comprehension, memory, oral vocabulary, critical thinking, and writing.