Governor Kasich Signs Budget Scholarship Amounts Increase for Thousands of Students!
Governor John Kasich signed the state budget bill into law Tuesday evening. It includes several provisions that will greatly impact Ohio’s scholarship programs, such as:
- Increasing the EdChoice Scholarship amount for grades K-8 to $4,650 per year
- Increasing the EdChoice Scholarship amount for grades 9-12 to $5,900 for the 2015-16 school year and to $6,000 for the 2016-17 school year
- Increasing the Income-Based Scholarship amount to $4,650 per year
- Increasing the funding cap for Autism Scholarships to $27,000 per year
- Increasing the funding cap for Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarships to $27,000 per year
- All of the above changes will take effect for the 2015-16 school year.
We applaud Governor Kasich and our legislative leaders for their hard work and support during this year’s budget process. Families across Ohio will benefit greatly from the work done by Ohio’s leaders to ensure the strength and stability of the state’s school choice programs for years to come.
Throughout the budget process, we’ve been working hard to let legislators know how important these changes are to Ohio families, but we couldn’t have done it without your help. So, we would like to say a big thank you to everyone who joined us on School Choice Advocacy Day, contacted their legislators, shared their story and wrote letters. Our voices were heard, and now thousands of students across Ohio will receive increased scholarships to use toward the schools of their choice.
If you have questions about any of the changes included in the state budget or if you would like to learn how to apply for a scholarship, please contact us at 1-800-673-5876 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!