When you hear the words “essential oils” you might think of going to a spa for some much-needed relaxation.
But essential oils can also be beneficial for children on the autism spectrum.
Autism Parenting Magazine offers a guide to the Best Essential Oils for Autism and ADHD. Their list includes:
- Frankincense – for helping to stay focused and reduce stress and negative emotions
- Sandalwood – to promote mental clarity as well as to relax and calm
- Cedarwood – to calm and relax, and help children enjoy peaceful and restorative sleep
- Lavender – to help improve sleep quality and reduce anxiety and emotional stress
- Mandarin – to help reduce anxiety
- Peppermint – its cooling sensation has a calming effect and can help improve mental focus
- Bergamot – creates feelings of joy, freshness, and energy and can serve as a relaxant