Linden Grove School’s annual Program Sampler offers parents insight into some of the specialized teaching methods, resources and therapies that help students achieve success.
The evening consists of 15- to 35-minute sessions on various topics, with multiple presentations during each session so parents can chose the presentations you want to attend based on your child’s strengths and challenges. Topics for the 2019 Program Sampler include:
- Visualizing and Verbalizing – A program developed to improve reading and listening comprehension, oral vocabulary, and writing.
- LEGO Build to Express – A LEGO education program encouraging effective communication skills and creative thinking.
- Social Thinking – A social skills curriculum encouraging students to think about how others perceive their comments and actions.
- Zones of Regulation – A curriculum designed to foster self-regulation and emotional control.
- Managing Anxiety – Tips for helping kids cope and succeed.
- Interoception – Interoception is a lesser-known sense that helps you understand and feel what’s going on inside your body. Having trouble with this sense can make self-regulation a challenge.
- Play Therapy – Play therapy helps children cope with difficult emotions and find healthier solutions to problems.
- Choosing a High School – Questions parents should ask as they explore options.