In order for Linden Grove to consider a new student, the applicant must follow the process below.
- Parent tour of school and classroom observation (must be planned ahead of time). Meeting with the Head of School to discuss your goals and desires for your child, as well as answer questions about the program. No more than three observers can be accommodated at a time. This observation is for adults only.
- Turn in a completed Admission Packet and most recent ETR and IEP, along with a non- refundable, one-time $250.00 evaluation fee. (This is a separate fee from the annual Registration Fee.)
- Turn in any other pertinent information or reports that you think will be helpful to be able to “get to know your child” on paper.
- Informal evaluation with the OT, Speech and Language Pathologist, and Director of Education (approximately 1.5 – 1.75 hours). The candidate will also meet his team of teachers and be given a tour of the school.
- Phone or face to face conference with Behavior Intervention Specialist, as needed.
- Student will return for a minimum of a full- day visit in the appropriate classroom setting. Some students may visit for more than one day in smaller increments of time, pending their need to ease into the setting.
- A staff member may visit the student’s current program for observation.
- A team decision will determine a recommendation for placement. Parents will be notified as soon as possible. If placement is offered, a $300 annual registration fee and registration paperwork must be turned into the office within a designated time frame (typically two weeks). Families requesting financial assistance should contact the Business Coordinator to obtain a Facts Management application within 10 days of the date of their child’s acceptance letter. To be considered, financial aid applications must be received by Facts Management within 30 days of the official acceptance letter. If placement is not immediately available, the student will be placed on a waiting list for future placement.
- All new students are admitted based on an eight-week probationary period. Students may be disenrolled by the choice of the school or parents at any time during their probationary period without financial penalty. Families will only be responsible for tuition and fees concurred during the time the student attended Linden Grove School.
Revised December 2016.
Linden Grove School recruits and admits students of any race, color, gender or ethnic origin to all its rights, privileges, programs and activities. In addition, the school will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational programs and athletics/extracurricular activities. Furthermore, the school is not intended to be an alternative to court or administrative order, or public school initiated desegregation.